Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 2:42 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Rear Window....& Thanks

First, Thanks to all for the help with locating a windshield for my 1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe.  I've found one, at one of the sources provided, and I'll get it shipped soon.  Now, I have a problem with the Rear Glass.  Apparently, in order to install a headliner, the rear window must be removed and the headliner clipped, or tucked, underneath the window mounting.  The rear window is in good shape, but the installer has said that the best way to remove it safely, without fear of breaking it, is to cut the window rubber.  I asked at the windshield sources, but two of them said no, and one said probably, for about $100.00.
I was advised one place to stay away from, (Gary Gowers), but does anybody have other ideas?