Re: [FWDLK] Rear Window....& Thanks

Tell you why I advised against Gary Goers for rear window rubber.  I bought his extruded rubber for my '55.  [I don;t recall exactly, about $80]  When it was installed it puckered all along the inside top and bottom.  The ends where it curved were the only places that looked right.  The glass installer blamed the rubber guy [of course].  Who knows, he was probably passing the buck.  So I wrote Gary Goers three e-mails with no reply.

Now I'm looking at another place with the one piece weatherstrip, as original, formed to fit the contours.  $130.  So I'm out $80 for the Goers rubber and $175 installation and have to start over.  That's why.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA