Re: [FWDLK] Rear Window....& Thanks

Hi Mike / Sharon -

There is no way I'm gonna believe that you have to remove the rear window to install a headliner !  What does the shop manual say ?  Usually it has instructions as to how to do this correctly.  At most, you probably have to remove the moulding around the window.  To answer your second question, just for the record, sounds like you're getting bad advice all around.  The window rubber folds into itself and the glass can be removed and reinstalled if you take your time.  Again the shop manual gives complete instructions as to how to accomplish this.  I recommend squirting WD40 or 3-in-1 oil between the rubber as you separate it from the glass.  Be sure that it is pulled back completely on both the outside and inside.  Work it slowly and it will happen.  Also be sure that you press on the glass in the areas illustrated in the shop manual.  That way you won't stress it.  I've personally removed about ten windshields and back glasses from cars and have been very successful at it.

BTW, Gary Goers is one of the *good eggs* of our hobby.  I would buy from him anytime.

Ron