[FWDLK] guage resto-good experience

Hello All,
              Just though I'd tell you about a good experience I had with getting the gauge dials refinished on my '59 Plymouth. I had taken the instrument cluster out of my Fury for detailing and rebuilding, etc. and noticed my dials really didn't look that great. They were faded somewhat and had started to peel. It wasn't that noticeable but I probably would be in a couple of years so, I decided to have them silk-screened, repainted, etc. So, I removed the dials from the gauges and prepared them for shipping.
My first stop was Instrument Services.........over priced.
They had silk screened a clock dial for me a few years back. They charged $65 for that. O.K. I said. I'll try them first. $100 for speedo, no problem. But they wanted $100 also for the fuel and temp gauge each! Why! If you've never seen the fuel and temp gauge for a '59 Plymouth it's about 1"x3" that's about 1/12 the size of the speedo dial! No way! I had them sent back.
Next stop www.paspeedo.com. $275 for all three but here's the catch. If the background's not black "it'll cost you extra".
Why? How many instrument clusters do you know of that are "basic black"? No thanks, sounds like you're not Mopar friendly.
Last stop, Clock-Doc corporation. The owners name was Bill Russell. A very knowledgeable man! Without even looking at the dials he guessed around $250 for all three. He knew the exact color and described all the details to me without even seeing them! Not only did he know what he was talking about, he send several correspondence e-mails to me re-assuring my decision to do business with him. His work is excellent, which is why I'm writing about him. My dials are perfect and I would highly recommend him to anyone. If anyone would like to see photos before I install them Monday drop a quick e-mail. You can reach him at clockdoc@xxxxxxxxxxx . By the way, his estimate was right on the dollar $249.90 including the return shipping. He also included rivets for me to re-install the speedo for authentic appearance along with a 25 year anniversary key chain. Here's the break down of what was charged.........$95 speedo,$55 fuel gauge,$85 temp gauge(understandable do to the bright red/orange "dot" on the hot indicator which is near impossible to do without overspray but he did it!)and $14.90 for S&H. Well that's my two cents. Give him a try if you need work done.
Take Care,
Frank