[FWDLK] It sounds like a "slinky"

Has anyone had experience with a sound that strangely resembles one of those
old steel slinkys being transferred from one hand to the other, when your
FWDK Mopar automatic begins to accelerate?

It's almost like a stuttering chin-n-n-n-n-k-k-k (like the coils of a slinky
coming together) that doesn't last more than a second and it sounds as
though it is coming from the rear axle, but I realize it could be anything
from the center carrier to the tranny itself.  One thing I know it is NOT,
is the U-Joints, and it is not driveline slop, as the car is already in
gear, ready to go.

My dads 56 DeSoto used to make the same sound when it took off, but dad
liked to push that car hard and it would make that "scrunchinnnnkkk" when he
punched it, just as it was beginning to move out.  My 300G makes the same
sound, only I am not trying to take off under hard throttle.

Anyone have a clue as to what that sound could be and if it is the precursor
of worse things to come?

Karl
<61 300G>
<64 Fury>