[FWDLK] Dash Compass with Pentastar?? Any clues please?

[FWDLK] Dash Compass with Pentastar?? Any clues please?

O Learned FWLK'ers,
         I have acquired a dash mounted compass. It is made of black plastic, the clear lens and the compass in the top , and what appears to be a mylar applique around the bottom third, this is 'woodgrained' and has a silver strip around the edges. Smack in the front centre is a Mopar Pentastar logo.2 adjusting screws for N/S,E/W on the underside, and a aluminum adjustable fixing attachment attached by a small bolt and nut , with a single screwhole for attaching to whatever.
Anyone have a clue what it is? Doesn't really look to me as if it's a FWLK accessory, too 'plasticky" My '65 New Yorker has a 'woodgrained' dash, but the woodgraining on the compass is a different design.
       Looked in everything I have on Mopars, but can't find a compass listed as a factory accessory, even in 1969.
       There is no Mopar part number on it, and no clue as to who or where it was made. Is it a cheap and nasty from somewhere, or is it an absolutely outrageously expensive rare accessory for a hemi Superbird ?
Just jokin' folks. Any ideas greatly appreciated,
          Thanks in advance,
                 Dave in New Zealand.
300F
'65 NY'er