Re: [FWDLK] Dash Compass with Pentastar?? Any clues please?

Re: [FWDLK] Dash Compass with Pentastar?? Any clues please?

The pentastar definitely takes it out of the FWDLK
era, since that wasn't the Chrysler logo until '63.

Very possibly an over-the-counter accessory sold by
Chrysler Parts (from about '66 to '72, Chrysler Parts
and MOPAR were advertised as if they were two separate
divisions, which for all I know they may have been;
Canada's parts division, which has always gone by
"ChryCo" until very recently, used a modified
"Chrysler Parts" logo to advertise "CHRYCO PARTS", but
I'm getting waaay off track here...). They sold items
like this rather generically for use on any car in the
line.

Does it look like a marine application? Chrysler built
boats (including sailboats!) in the late '60s and
through the '70s in addition to inboard and outboard
motors. I have absolutely no knowledge of marine
division part numbers or accessories other than to
mention that they existed.

Considering where you're located, there's also some
possibility that that's a Chrysler Australia or even a
Simca or Rootes piece (Rootes used the pentastar from
about '66 on). Still probably a generic piece for
anything in the line, whichever line it was...

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K