Re: [FWDLK] floor pans!

Yup,
   I just looked at the floor in my 59 Ply. coupe...same dimensions in front, same body mount recess, same structural indents and rises...or whatever they call them!
Also, I did not what to infer that R/Cars pans are not made to the right specs, I think they are pretty good considering they are not done with a factory press or stamp.
   Every car has a new twist or bend to the rusty old floors we are trying to fix, so nothing can be made to just pop in without a few whacks or love taps with the hammer, or a few snips of the tin snips.
   By the way, we did not cut out the complete floor area, we went over the existing floor after taking out whatever areas were really bad and put the new pans over.   The pans from R/Car are made of no more than 18 Ga. steel, so we decided this would be the best way to go for solid floors.   This is not a Concours restoration, this is to be a daily driver.  We painted the old floor and the new panels with Corroless before welding in the new ones...maybe this will help in the future to prevent rust???!!!
We will be taking the body off, and putting it on a Rotisserrie, so we will then be able to blast, acid etch prime, seal and paint the underside, as well as the frame.
   Believe me, I do not want to ever take this wagon apart again!  And thanks for all the info on dimensions, seat mounts and other important stuff sent to me!
John in WI  where would I be without this list...still restoring Tonka Toys!