[FWDLK] '55 Plymouth NEW!

When I was visiting my Grandfolks in Tomahawk, Wisconsin, in the late fall of 1955, my Dad came to pick up my brother and I in his BRAND NEW 1955 Savoy Station Wagon!  I remember him showing us the "fancy" ribbed white plastic headliner, as well as the radio and heater.  I also remember my mom teasing him about getting "that fancy two-toned paint job." It was Dark Blue around the body to the beltline, and light blue roof.  I never drove it, but my older brother got to squeal the tires, even in second gear, by popping the clutch on that big tough six!

He bought it from George Bower Chrysler-Plymouth, on Western Avenue in Chicago, for a little under $2000, with no trade.

Mike Higgins
1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe