[FWDLK] Fw: Re: [FWDLK] floor pans

In 1957 to 1959, the station wagons were all based on the Dodge 122"
wheelbase.   The non-wagon Plymouth, with its 118" wheelbase, used a floor
pan that was 4" shorter.  The DeSoto and Chrysler wagons (and sedans) based
on the 126" wheelbase, used the Dodge 122" floor pan with a 4" longer front
end clip.

This was done again in from 1960 to 1973, with the C-body wagons being based
on the Dodge 122" or 121½" wheelbase floor pan.  The 1960-1962 Chrysler New
Yorkers got their 126" wheelbase by using a 4" longer front clip on the 122"
wheelbase body.  It was not until the 1974 to 1977 C-body wagons that they
were based on the Chrysler and its 124" wheelbase.

As a note, in 1953 to 1956, the Plymouth-Dodge body was totally different
from the DeSoto-Chrysler-Imperial body.   The extra 5" in the Dodge
wheelbase over the Plymouth was in the floor pan.

In 1963 and 1964, although the Dodge had a 119" wheelbase, the wagons used
the Plymouth 116" wheelbase, just as 1963-1966 Dart wagons used the Valiant
106" wheelbase.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

Wouldn't a Suburban use -Chrysler- floor pans instead of Dodge/Plymouth?
They were based on the longer wheelbase of the Chrysler frame... Might be
the problem?

-Dave