Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] 300C/D Patrol Cars

Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] 300C/D Patrol Cars

When I froze my 300F's engine solid in 1964, the replacement car was a '62 Polara 500 four door hardtop with 30k.  It was my first a/c car when even my parent's and their friends hadn't air.  We took it to the Half Moon Bay Drag Strip and tested it's 305 horse 361 5 times.  Best of the day was 16.0 flat, same time as Hot Rod measured the 300F when brand new.  On the 5th pass, I lost a tranny seal, oiled up the strip pretty good and drove home in a yellow truck with a Dodge following very, very, close behind.  Wife was NOT happy that her car needed a new torqueflight!

Larry Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City, CA 94061