From: Darleen Olson [mailto:darleenolson@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 9:14 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] No lubrication

Hope someone can help me on this.

After having the 291 hemi for my 55 DeSoto completely overhauled by a very reputable machine shop,  I took it on a shakedown cruise.  It initially ran beautifully,  quiet and smooth.

After about 800 miles,  a rap started coming from the engine on the passenger side.  I took the valve cover  off and the upper rocker arm assembly was dry as a bone.  I nursed the car back home by leaving one of the spark plug tubes out of the cover and squirting oil inside periodically.

Upon getting home,  I removed the other valve cover and that one bone dry on the upper assembly as  well.   The lower rockers were both getting oil.

Any ideas on what may be wrong??

I haven't pulled the heads yet.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Olson