[FWDLK] Brake drum/rear axle

Hello Everyone,

I was curiuous if anyone has come across the following problem:  My '59
DeSoto coupe's right rear brake drum has about 3/4 of an inch free play.
 I haven't removed the drum yet.  I have the correct heavy duty puller
for removing the drum.  When I push and pull the drum, the rear axle
shaft travels with the drum and wheel.  The car seems to drive fine and
I do not hear any noise.  The left side does not have this much free
play.  Before I remove the drum, does anyone have any thoughts?  Any
info is appreciated.  Sincerely, Nick Nichols