[FWDLK] Radio Conversion..add a CD part 4

[FWDLK] Radio Conversion..add a CD part 4

Payment in full....
Here's what I'm asking $75 for labor (excludes repairs)+parts+shipping. I will also consider parts that I want as a trade or parts+cash. Parts I think will be around $40 but I'm NOT sure.

Shipping....
Return shipping I really haven't thought that much on.
If there is a way to COD the return shipping, I will probably do that. Now if you want insurance on your package or whatever else, include that with the payment. I will send your radio back with the same box and packing material you send it with. If you don't pack it well, I WON'T be responsible for damages in shipping to or from you. Remember there will be more pieces coming back with your radio so, make sure there's a little extra room.
Another thing, I don't do cosmetic restoration. I can polish/clean the knobs,buttons,dial but I'd rather not get into it, that would be extra. Also, if you spent alot of money on rechroming the bezel(s),knobs etc., got your dial silk-screened,or lens replaced and are worried about it being scratch DON'T send it. I will take the utmost,humanly possible care in modifying your radio but if you feel worried don't send it with the radio.

Recommendations....
I recommend that you install the switch under the dash and buy a Portable CD car mount and install the portable on the mount and mount everything to the transmission tunnel. The mount has an anti shock mechanism and will increase the life of the CD player. If you want you can "hide" everything in your glove box but on a hard bump your portable may skip.
If you need your factory speaker reconed I use these folks, they always do a great job....SRS enterprises  1839 N. circle dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80909. When you send your speaker in insist on a 3.2 ohm voice coil (which most FL radios used), and a polypropylene coating (increases cone life/durability.)

Just a final note.....
I am very familiar with the '57-'61 radios but not the '55-'56. I know that the '55's use +6 volt plus a vibrator type power supply. Since most things are 12volt, the power supplies for your CD that I will install in the radio are easy to get. The '55's I am designing a small circuit for now and should be able to do them. The 56's since they don't have a transistor type output stage will be a little (but not that much) new to me. I should be able to do these as well.

Well, I think I covered EVERYTHING but I probably missed something. Whoever's interested will be put on a waiting list first come, first serve. Please re-notify me after reading this if you are still interested. Take Care and talk to you all later.

Frank