Re: [FWDLK] taillight lens question

--- David Charles Gedraitis <dcg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've senn the taillight lens on a normal '55
> chrysler (not the imperials), and they look very
> much like the same ones on the wagon ('55 windsor)
> we have. Does anyone know if they are
> interchangeable? The gentleman who has them at his
> junkyard claims they won't fit, but I disagree.
> I'd very much like to know what will and what
> won't fit this car...

As on all '55 Chrysler questions, I'll defer to Terry
Hoeman on this one, but I seem to remember the wagon
units being a little bit shorter. (Then there's the
'56 wagon, which has a taillight and addon fin shared
with no other '56 Chrysler, but which appears
identical to the unit used on the '56 DeSoto wagon...)

It wasn't unusual for Chrysler products to use a
different taillight setup on the wagons than on the
other cars. In the case of my '57 Plymouth, the
difference is obvious, but not so much so on some of
the others.