Re: [FWDLK] 1961 Saratoga ???

Yes, Chrysler Canada did build a Saratoga for 1961.  (Plus 1962, 1963, 1964
and 1965.)

For 1961, the American firm dropped the 126" wheelbase Saratoga and added
the 122" wheelbase Newport below the 122" wheelbase Windsor series.

In Canada, Chrysler kept the Windsor name for the lowest priced series and
the Saratoga name for the middle series, now on a 122" wheelbase.

For 1962, the Windsor was replaced by the 300 Sport series, but in Canada
the Saratoga name continued, although the exterior of the Canadian Saratoga
looked similar to the American Newport and not the 300 Sport.

In 1963 the Saratoga adopted the grille and trim of the American  300 Sport
series and in 1964 became the Saratoga 300.  1965 was the last year for the
Saratoga 300.  The Windsor name survived through 1966 in Canada.  For 1967
the Chrysler was imported from Detroit, and the line-up was identical to the
U.S. offerings.

By the way, those 1962 to 1966 4-door sedans listed as 300 Sport 4-door
sedans in various publications are Canadian-built Saratoga and Saratoga 300
sedans.   The Canadian Saratoga never offered a convertible, but Chrysler
Canada did import the Chrysler 300 Sport convertible from 1963 to 1965.

The 1966 Canadian-built 300 used Windsor taillights, and Chrysler Canada
imported the American 300 2-door hardtop and convertible, marketing them as
the Sport 300, a kind of lower-priced replacement for the 300 letter series.

Bill
Vancouver, BC