From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of 56plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 7:07 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 56 plymouth starting trouble FIXED!

it was the points! or maybe the rotor. I replaced both and my plymouth
started right up! I may swap out the rotor to see, but maybe not. the points
were black with carbon and the little bumper thing that moves against the
rotating thingy in the center of the distributor (try to stay with me as I
get real technical!) was pretty worn down as well. the best $4.02 I have
spent!

I believe I neglected to mention that the carb was getting fuel...we could
see that. a useful tidbit I just forgot to type. and I attached the original
email so this message makes sense in the future...like on a forwardlook
search.

be sure to have a needle-nose-something handy as the screws have a tendency
to seek refuge deep inside the distributor...as they jumped from hands, not
once, but twice!

thanks for the advice, as always.
...and happy thanksgiving!

    ...glenn.

     glenn.a.lagasse: : : : : : : : : : :boy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     .1956.Plymouth.Belvedere.4-door.Hardtop.Sport.Sedan.
     [. . . .  <http://meandher.com/sweetride/>  . . . .]
                          . . + . .

on 11/19/01 5:21 PM, 56plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxx at [plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
pecked: