[FWDLK] Mopar Engines in Other Cars

After reading Dave Homstad's last email to the group I just thought I'd
mention that there are a few GM and Ford products running around the Detroit
area with Mopar power trains.  Blew my mind when I first saw 'em a couple of
years ago.

Jerry Browarski

Further to Jerry's email, I remember seeing a 1923 Ford T bucket dune buggy
at the annual Memorial Day auction in Rockford, IL about 15 years ago.  In
dune buggy style, the engine was fully exposed and not covered by hood,
fenders, etc.  It had a 1960 300F or 1961 300G 413 crossram engine with a
special cam that made an audible throbbing sound at idle, and glass pack
style mufflers.  However, I don't know if the driver could see over the top
of the engine!  It probably helped to be over 6' tall.  It was a pretty
impressive machine.  Definitely one of those things that you never forget.
I don't remember the selling price.  Best regards, Jim