From: N/B Nichols [mailto:3nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 9:32 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Ballast Resistor

Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone has come across the problem of a "hot" ballast
resistor.  It's the one that bolts onto the side of the voltage
regulator.  I bought a replacement at Kragen Auto Parts for my '59
DeSoto and it works fine but is hot to the touch.  Should these be hot
like that?  I know the original type resistors are enclosed with metal
and they seem more heavy duty.  Does anyone know who sells the old-style
resistors?  Thank you.  Nick Nichols