[FWDLK] 300-K RECOVERED INTACT (pretty much)

[FWDLK] 300-K RECOVERED INTACT (pretty much)

A week after its disappearance, the 300-K turned back
up. The dirtbags put about 40 miles on the odometer
and picked up parking tickets in some interesting
places. Cosmetics are no worse than they were, a
couple of new mechanical glitches (overheating and
some new electrical problems) but I don't think
they're serious. Still confused as to why the dirtbags
cut the wires to what is obviously a (non-functioning)
factory AM radio.

While SFPD's Auto Theft Detail was insisting on
looking for a white LeBaron 4drHt (assuming they were
looking at all) I got a letter from SF Department of
Parking & Traffic (the meter-maid people) saying the
car had been impounded as an abandoned vehicle. So I
call the cops and ask what's up with that... ...eight
hours later I get a call back from the cops saying the
car's been recovered. Sheesh!

I was assuming I would never see the car again, or if
so it'd be without that sweet 413. I guess my car
karma is better than I thought, and I hope I can live
up to that in the future.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban