Re: [FWDLK] I'm picking up bad vibrations

Re: [FWDLK] I'm picking up bad vibrations

> [Me:]
> I had replaced one of the universals, but not the
> housing for it.  Could this be my culprit?

Yes!!  I took advantage of the spring-like weather today, and crawled under
the '55.  When I apply transverse pressure to the rear housing, I can
push-pull the thing off-axis.  There is no such play in the front housing.
When I bought the car, I removed nails (yes! nails) and duct tape from the
rear assembly, and when I dropped the driveshaft, not only were the roller
bearings reduced to shavings, the pin they roll on was worn too.  I had a
new pin pressed in, and replaced the bearings and universal parts -- but
silly me, didn't replace the housing.  This is CLEARLY the culprit.

Thanks to all who responded, I think I'm on to something.

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy