Re: [FWDLK] Not so strange problem on a '57 Torqueflite

Re: [FWDLK] Not so strange problem on a '57 Torqueflite

It's a good idea to verify if i can "free" the forward clutches with air
pressure : the FSM shows the oil passage in trans. case and describes all air
pressure tests. (I've already remove the valve body from trans. so itsn't a
difficult job !).
But, even i succeed in loosen the clutch pack i'm not sure that it is in good
conditions !
Someone told me to add to the trans.  diesel oil (don't know if it's the correct
word, in France the word is "gas-oil" and it's the fuel of diesel engine): 3 or
4 quarts (or more) to complete with oil transmission. This mixture could perhaps
clean the trans. but i'm not sure of the results on all bushings which 'll not
be well lubricate..

I think i'm ready to a trans. overhaul !! And order a kit from Fastco.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com