Re: [FWDLK] Oil Filter Interchange?

Ron Waters wrote:

> Hi Ted -
>
> Can you qualify the source of your information ?  I can remember reading a
> number of years ago in Consumer Reports that Fram was head-and-shoulders
> above all others, including OEM.  If they've dropped in quality, I'd like to
> know, as I use Fram on all my vehicles.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

Ron and others, there was a web site that did a fairly serious
oil filter study, measuered actual filter media, internal
construction methods, pressure reliefe, bypass methods, case
burst pressure, and some other criteria. Fram did poorly
in several areas. It might still be online, but several filter
companies went after him to either reduce the amount of reporting
or to remove thier products from his list. I'll try to dig up
the URL.
--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6