[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Anyone?

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: DupontTim@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:39:14 EST
Jim, The D500 would have come with 1 wcfb (four barrel) carb # 2443S (manual trans) or 2443SA (auto trans). The air cleaner was an oil bath type that was I believe the same as a standard Dodge poly with a wcfb (super 230 package). There was a dual carb offered and often referred to as the D500-1 setup and it used wcfb carbs also, 2476S (front) and 2445S (rear). According to Dodge documents it was available for manual trans only, but was available "over the counter" also, it included an aluminum intake #1733878 which only 100 were documented for production and these were developed and obtained thru the outside source of Mercury Outboards whose owner Carl Kiekhaefer campaigned 56 Dodges in stock car racing. The air cleaner was the Purolater paper element type also developed by Carl Kiekhaefer and was the first paper element filter offered on stock cars. On a side note ! the racecars were eventually converted to Holley carbs because they were not as prone to washout in hard corners. I have not seen a set of these carbs for sale, they are certainly quite rare, so to find the correct package for a reasonable price would be a truly amazing feat. Good Luck. Tim Dupont 56 D500-1 in Sunny but cool Golden, CO.
--- End Message ---