Re: [FWDLK] 57 DODGE QUERY

As said Mike i have the '57 Imperial owner's manual  "Your 1957
Imperial " and ther's one pic of the speedo showing that it is a
140 mph (perhaps a 150 mph because the pic doesn't show the right
lower area of the speedo). On the same manual ther's a drawing
(not a pic) showing that after "80" you have .. "70" !! And the
drawing is not reversed.. Ther's also some "bumperettes" on the
rear bumper never released in production.

Other oddity on my manual: ther's no indications about how check
the transmission oil .. Perhaps Imperial's owners never checked
their trans. oil or Imperials never need oil ?
But these owners were surely good mechanics: the manual explains
how to drain the radiator  but also the engine block ("remove the
plugs on the right and left sides of the engine block").. Quite a
challenge for the average man !

So don't give much importance to owners manuals. Lot of them were
released before the car went into production. The shop manual is
often more accurate.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible