Re: [FWDLK] 413 Engines

Chrysler kept building 413s for truck, RV (caravan)
and industrial use until sometime in the mid-'70s. If
you see a 413 with a year code after "A" ('65) but
before "M" ('59), it's a truck motor.

As for your Imperial, the dual AFBs would look cool
but a single 4bbl of about 650 CFM or so would
probably be less hassle to maintain. You would have to
go to dual exhaust at the very least to get any
benefit from that swap in either direction though, and
probably other mods as well. That manifold and carb
setup is probably still worth something by itself
though. IIRC inline dual quads were only offered from
the factory on two RB engines, the '59 300-E
(pre-crossram) and the '62 300-H (crossrams were
optional on the H, J and K).

--- David Sherratt <dave-tracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>