Re: [FWDLK] brake lights

Hi Bob,

Just in case your problem doesn't turn out to be a short - I have a quick
question.

Do you use silicone brake fluid?  If so, the problem may be in your brake
light switch. Silicone fluid tends to destroy the older brake light switches
resulting in failure of the brake lights, usually leaving them on all the
time or non functional when brakes are applied.

I had this problem several years ago and solved it by keeping track of the
age of my brake light switches and always keeping a spare in the car. Usually
they will last a year or so depending on usage of the car.

Being inexpensive (from NAPA) and easy to replace, it's been a good trade off
for the silicone fluid in the brake system.

Brian
57 D500s in MI