[FWDLK] Introducing myself

Hi.... My car may be a little unusual for this group, and I certainly hope
I still qualify for membership.  It's a  Bristol 408, built in Britain by
the same company that made WWI and WWII fighters and bombers like the
Bristol Blenheim and Bristol Beaufighter.  Since 1947 Bristol have built
cars, and since 1961 they put Mopar engines and trannies in them.  These
first V8 models  (the 407 and 408) had the polyspherical head engine and
cast iron Torqueflite transmission fitted, which Bristol bought from
Plymouth of Canada.  The poly engine in this case is the Canadian spec 313
ci with 3-bolt valve covers and solid square-section oil pan end cap seals,
and the tranny is the 5 button version with no park or parking brake.   My
car is a model 408 and must have been one of the last with this engine
fitted.   So now I have a question:  The engine number of my car (and
typical of this whole production series) is 949.23002C.  Is anyone familiar
with engine numbers sequenced like this?  All the engine numbers I have
seen listed on poly-related sites and in Plymouth literature have been very
different, and I presume came from US engine plants.  Any information would
be appreciated.
        Bob Oswald, Oregon.  Poly-powered Bristol 408

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html