[FWDLK] '57 Torqueflite (4 and last ..)

This evening we've completed the overhaul of the Torqueflite and
install it in the car. The trans. works again, no motion in N and
reverse in R !! Just need a slight adjustement of the cable
because the N button doesn't always return when we push the R
button (and so the reverse doesn't engage at trans.). We've to
push D (or 1 or 2) button then push R button to engage R.

We found something about the rebuild kit: the extension (paper)
gasket has all the correct holes for the bolts but hasn't a hole
for the breather which is at the top of the extension case ! So
the breather is not related to the inside of the trans. I'm sure
that all the later extension gaskets we put on the transmissions
we overhauled, haven't this hole in the gasket ..
- Does this little omission could prevent condensation to escape
from trans. ?
- Does this little omission is the culprit on my trans. which has
a tendency to blow out oil through fill tube when the trans. pan
is full (converter drain back)

Pic of the breather oil is at
http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/images/tq5.jpg

On this trans. we cut a little hole in the gasket...

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " :
http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad

- SportsCars : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-sprtcar

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html