Re: [FWDLK] 1957-1958-1959 Window Switches.

Re: [FWDLK] 1957-1958-1959 Window Switches.

Dave,

Will George Laurie be able to duplicate the specific window switch control bezels and control paddle designs for the different Mopar makes?

If so, I believe I might need 2 complete sets specific for 1957 Dodges; front master controls for the driver's doors plus the separate controls for the pass doors and rear quarters.

I would also want to make a determination as to whether they could be mixed with OE bezels, assuming some of mine would be good enough for re-chroming and that his costs would not exceed the cost of re-chroming good originals.

Do you have further details about his capabilities with these types of parts (other than lenses?)

How would the substitution of the guts be attached to the original control paddles ? Would these paddles also be repros in resin?

One of the things I am considering for my Dodges include the use of modern power window motors and drives modified to fit in the doors and tracks, but using the original looking control switches on the trim panels.  If George can in fact do a perfect "OE appearance" with the bezels with new guts, then this type of conversion might be a very good one.

Would he be able to do the same with power front seat control bezels and switches as well? It would seem that would be just as easy.

Brian

Hi All,George Laurie, who has been doing great work on our FL lens replicas, would be interested in doing power window switch bezels as well.  How many folks out there would be interested?Also, would there be any market for our style bezels, with the guts of a commonly available GM switch inside?Just drop me a line if you're interested.-DavePS- George also makes the cogs that go inside these window motors