Re: [FWDLK] curious "cruise control" on my '57

Re: [FWDLK] curious "cruise control" on my '57

Philippe,
  Sounds like a plugged fuel filter or some restriction in the fuel supply.
It could be the pick up filter in the tank. What happens is, at 55 mph you
have enough fuel getting to the carb to maintain speed and a little extra to
fill the carb bowl. Then when you step on it, there is enough reserve fuel in
the carb bowl to be able to increase you speed but not enough fuel coming
into the cab to maintain the higher speed.
         <>Roy<>

      Roy Asbjornsen
      55 Fireflite Sportsman HT
      55 Firedome HT
      Puyallup WA

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html