--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:01:43 +0100
You're lucky because i did these measurements when i took off my
gauge some years ago ! It's a '57 Imperial gauge but i think it's
the same on all '57 mopar:
Measurements with + 12,5 V. Resistor between blue wire and
ground.
Empty: 170 ohms
1/2: 78 ohms
Full: 26 ohms
I've checked now with the car restored that the marks are not
proportional: when the dial indicate "1/2" you have a little much
than 1/2 full !!
With 13 V supplied with a DC supply i noted also:
2.66 gallons: 7,83 V
4.26 gallons: 7,55 V
11 gallons: 6 V
The measurements of gallons are strange because i used "liters"
!!

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible