Re: [FWDLK] 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 DODGE #s Decoder ???

This might be the guy who wsa complained about as selling photocopies and not telling people.  You might want to ask him before you bid.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 6:33 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 DODGE #s Decoder ???

Group,

I saw this auction on Ebay (below).   Did they really have good representation of numbers for the 54 - 56 cars?   I have always heard that the numbers started in 57 or 58.  What say you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1805277765&r=0&t=0

Later,
Greg Filtz
56 Dodge

Felow List Members,
I went to NAPA Auto Parts today and asked for a spark plug wire set for a 1961 Plymouth 361. Their book had a blank space for that application. They had 59, 60, 62 and up.
ANybody know why that would be? More to the point, what would be correct for a 1959 Plymouth 361...should they be red colored wires? Are the boots at the plugs right-angled or straight? Same question at the distributor.
I have never had this engine running...it is a 361 out of a  1961 Chrysler Newport. I know it is incorrect for my 1959 Plymouth, but it is all I have at the moment, and it was running well when pulled from the wrecked car 6 years ago.
RogerH