[FWDLK] Windlace - 59 Ply 2 dr hardtop

Attempting to replace the windlace on my 59 Ply Sport Fury.  Pretty easy until you get to the "dash" area.  It appears you have to take the dash apart to get windlace attached in that area.  Really don't feel like tearing dash out for that.  Maybe just use weatherstrip adhesive in that area.  Anybody have any experience or ideas on that?  John Z