From: Dave Grove Grove Automotive <groveautomotive@xxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Long-distance car buying:
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:32:53 -0800

Anyone have any "tips/advice" relative to the purchase of a vehicle when
you
will never meet the current owner (like when the seller as well as the car
are on the other side of the country)?  Not being able to actually see the
car is not of great concern (I have a "dis-interested" party near the
vehicle who will check it out for me), but I *am* a bit nervous about
sending $$$ and then *hoping* the seller will send me my car.
There must be some sort of "rules/guidelines/standards or proper
procedures"
for transactions such as this that people generally follow.  I would
appreciate any input/opinions - this will be the first time I have ever
purchased a car "sight unseen".- wish me luck.

Thanks.

DaveG

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer