Re: [FWDLK] torqueflite overhaul kit

Scott H wrote:

> Yes it is high and I would look for alternatives BUT I was quoted $1800 for
> my Caravan trans (fixed it by changing the fluid from Dextron back to
> Chrysler 7176 ...you cant always believe the owners manual!)
> My friend just paid over $2500 for the trans on his 97 Bronco 4wd. I quess
> in the scheme of what transmission shops get for ordinary cars that is not
> all that excessive.
> Scott
>
> >From: A57FURY@xxxxxxx
> >To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [FWDLK] torqueflite overhaul kit
> >Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:12:25 EST
> >
> >In a message dated 3/19/02 3:08:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> >paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >

> > > Ditto on the $1200 being HIGH!!!
> >
> >All
> >
> >I hate to say this but the original estimate on the tranny was $2500.  I
> >thought that was kind of high so I went to another shop.  The first guy
> >could
> >have seen me coming and figured I'd say OK no matter what price.  Maybe the
> >cost on the older transmissions is more than the newer ones.  I thought the
> >$1200 cost  was a bargain.  And if there are no other options.......
> >John Paxos

Secret:  a lot of the current chry co trannys that need fixing
will be repaired by getting a replacement from chrysler for approx
900 to 1200 NEW!!! then R&R'ed at the repair shop. This gets the
latest computers (rumor has it that there are 3 in there)

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html