Re: [FWDLK] Mopars on TV

--- Andy Garland <agarland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just the other night, I saw a bad Canadian movie
> called "Strange Invaders", made in 1983, where
> they mess up a '58 Dodge pretty bad.
> An alien shoots an energy blast at it as its driver
> is trying to get away, and it blows the trunk and
> doors off!  Kinda sad seeing that done to a nice
> old Forward Look Mopar (or ANY Mopar) but I guess
> these were just considered old beaters back then :-(

Even sadder if that was a Plymouth-based Canadian
Dodge, those are getting rarer all the time... ...but
hard to match the scene in "Mad Max" where a RHD '59
DeSoto (one of an estimated 100 sold in Australia that
year, sob) got blown up...

>  If it's any consolation though, the guy DID get
> away...

I remember really embarrassing my girlfriend at the
time ('83) by being the only guy in the theater
cheering LOUDLY for Christine, so I guess that's some
consolation...

I remember an episode of "The Incredible Hulk" where a
couple was making out on a deserted lovers' lane in a
'60 DeSoto. Can't remember if it was the Hulk or
another monster who showed up and ruined the mood, but
the scene showed a finger hitting the "D" button (not
only that, it showed correct '60 Dodge/DeSoto
buttons!) and the DeSoto boogieing outta there...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop