Re: [FWDLK] New to forward Look

--- Marty Stewart <moopar2ya2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I am new to Forward Look.  My son and I are
> working on a 1956 Dodge Crusader Club Sedan. The car
> is relatively low mileage and rust free. It has no
> engine or transmission so we are going to put in a
> warmed up 360 and automatic and try to keep it
> looking as stock as possible.

Hi, Randy & Marty, sorry I beat you to the Yahoo
address it looks like ya wanted (grin)...

Guessing that Crusader was a 6/stick combo originally.
(Dodge Crusader? It's Canadian. Those who draw a
blank, think of a Plymouth Plaza with a Dodge front
clip.) It'd be cool if you could shift that automatic
through a set of buttons! Any interest in going that
way, I'm sure folks here can talk you through. There's
also stuff on this in the archives. The '56 Plymouth
button box housing is different than the other makes,
and upgrading to Torqueflite buttons will require a
custom cut cover. This isn't necessarily a bad thing
as you could then use buttons from a '57-'58
Plymouth/Plodge or other 3 top row/2 bottom row
possibilities.

Looking forward (lol) to hearing how you progress with
this. The first Canadian Dodge I ever saw was a '56
Regent, and I've had a soft spot in my heart for the
little halfbreeds ever since.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban