[FWDLK] Not Forward Look Related - '73 Satellite for Sale

[FWDLK] Not Forward Look Related - '73 Satellite for Sale

Sorry to bring this up as it is not strictly forward look.  I 'd be interested in any views
on the following:

I'm looking for a first car for my daughter.  She will need a car to commute locally to college and insists on an automatic.
There is a ''73 Plymouth Satellite for sale here in my town.  Has 86K orginial miles - one family owned since new - all paper work available.
Owner says floor boards and trunk are solid.  Rust through in the doors, rockers, and spots in lower body.  Car is a 318 with TF.  Has A/C, premium wheel covers (retro '57 Plymouth style) and interior is original and excellant.  Asking price is $3,200 (negotiable).

Are door skins still available for these cars?

What should I expect for the transmission, assuming an adult driven car and no previous rebuild or overhaul?  Trouble in the next 10K?

Car was maintained by a Plymouth dealer and original owner worked at the dealership.  The price seems a little high assuming no major mechancial repairs to date.   Any thoughts would be appreciated.  You can respond privately to RMcg917191@xxxxxxx

Thanks, guys

Bob McGrath