Re: [FWDLK] Roses are red

> Hi all,
>
> I was at a flower market this morning, mainly for my wife, because I'm not
> much of a gardener. Anyway, we were strolling along, when I stopped dead
in
> my track, seeing a particular breed of roses that had a name I could
relate
> to : "Chrysler Imperial" !! I'm still amazed by it, and would like to know
> if anyone knows the story behind those roses ...
>
> Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
> '58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

Wow, what a coincidence you should ask!  Just this morning I received scans
of some interesting literature from Dave Duricy on this subject.  We have
the official story of the Chrysler Imperial rose, as published in the 1954
Pasadena Tournament of Roses Review (the magazine for that year's rose
parade) available for viewing here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1954/RoseParade/index.htm

Best Regards,

Mike Trettin
1956 Imperial Sedan
1960 Chrysler New Yorker

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html