Re: [FWDLK] '58 DeSoto Adventurer

I continue to believe Leslie,  that until you fully
understand BOTH sides of any story that making the
accusation public only serves to inflame and possibly could
cause embarrassment to yourself as well.

If in fact the hearsay that you purport to be true is true
and someone did get burned by another doing something shady
or dishonest, then yes I would let the group know.

I would not under any circumstances make accusations on
hearsay though.

Brian
D500s in MI

Exner Fan wrote:

> Umm...
>
> No, if someone is selling something, accepts money for
> it, which in the eyes of the law is a bona fide
> CONTRACT, then I think it is VERY much in the
> interests of the mailing list for everyone to at least
> know who they are dealing with in possible future
> transactions and what the outcome of a sale might end
> up being with this seller, especially one who agrees
> to a price and then asks the list for values on a car
> that is already sold and then, within 24 hours,
> decides NOT to sell the car, even after accepting
> payment.
>
> So, if someone on the list were to agree to sell you
> something, take the money (which is really an interest
> free loan, correct?), and then decide not to sell it
> to you, you would feel comfortable with this person
> advertising other items on the list and not warning
> people to be careful in dealing with this person
> because they don't follow through with their
> contracts, correct?
>
> I just think that it shows extremely poor judgement on
> the part of the seller, according to what I heard, and
> I feel that, given the circumstances and the email
> that Nick posted concerning pricing, there was
> reasonable justification to post publically asking him
> for his side of the story.
>
> But Brian, if you don't feel this way, then how about
> buying a 1956 Adventurer from me for $2000.00??
> Rust-free original, garaged it's entire life, etc.
>
> Tell you what, send me the $2000.00 and then in a week
> after I use your money interest free, I'll send it
> back to you and tell you I changed my mind.
>
> Would that bother YOU?  The only difference is that
> you would have the benefit of knowing you weren't
> really getting the car, right?
>
> I didn't accuse, I merely asked Nick for his side of
> the story.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Leslie Howard

> http://taxes.yahoo.com/

> Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
> Details for ordering may be found at:
> http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html