From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Sealey
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 7:33 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] brake drums

--- Matt Odom <KO_Stratavarios@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the 59 drum wins, will a 50 or 51 work on my
> 57 Belvedere?

Can't answer that for sure without a parts book going
back that far, but such things are not unheard of. If
you have a steering wheel puller, there's a good
chance the '59 blinker switch will have those pesky
screws the PO tossed.

> I also need a rim for my spare tire. Again, they all

> appear to be the same. Will a rim from the 50, 51
> work on my 57?

It will physically fit but your car will be lopsided
and handle evilly. Chrysler switched from 15" to 14"
rims in '57. You could put 15s on all four but then
you'd have speedometer issues.

Chrysler used the same 14" rims for many years after
'57. They seem to have changed at some point in the
'70s to a slightly different rim, which will still fit
your car but will not accept a fullsize wheel cover
from the '50s. Bolt pattern is the same on MOST
Chrysler products; assume any pre-'72
Darts/Valiants/Lancers use a smaller pattern - not all
do, but assume they do for now until your junkyard ID
skills are more practiced - and Imperials and some
Dodge trucks use a larger pattern. I would guess a 14"
wheel from the '60s that is NOT on a Dart, Valiant or
Barracuda should work fine.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html