Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge Regent on Auction

Yes, the 6-cylinder engine in a Canadian 1957 Dodge Crusader or Regent would
have been the 250.6-cid engine.  It was also used in the Canadian 1957
Plymouth Plaza and Savoy.  The Mayfair and Belvedere series came only as a
V8, which was the 303-cid V8 in 1957.

I was in Winnipeg just a couple of weeks ago.   Did not know about this
place.  Will definitely go for a visit on my next trip and have a look at
what they have.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> --- Al Toews <ahtoews@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Canadian version of entry level 4dr sedan . . .
> > claims 29 k original miles.
>
> Actually (but you might not catch this from this pic)
> there was a rung below the Regent in '57 (the Dodge
> Crusader). This one's a Savoy equivalent. Nice car!
>
> Not sure what year they did this (Bill?) but Canadian
> 6-cylinders of this era gave you a little bit extra.
> All the Canadian sixes were the longer Chrysler/DeSoto
> block (lower volume means simpler tooling) and at some
> point around the time this one was built, the Canadian
> 228 six was superceded by the 250, which we down here
> only got in pre-'54 Windsors and DeSotos... (Thanks as
> always to Bill Watson for this information.)
>
> > The May 11 auction will take place at the 'Tin
> > Lizzie' Museum in Winnipeg Manitoba.
> >
> > See car at http://www.tinlizzie.net/auctionlist.htm
>

> =====
> Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
> '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
> '64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html