Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge Regent on Auction

--- Al Toews <ahtoews@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Canadian version of entry level 4dr sedan . . .
> claims 29 k original miles.

Actually (but you might not catch this from this pic)
there was a rung below the Regent in '57 (the Dodge
Crusader). This one's a Savoy equivalent. Nice car!

Not sure what year they did this (Bill?) but Canadian
6-cylinders of this era gave you a little bit extra.
All the Canadian sixes were the longer Chrysler/DeSoto
block (lower volume means simpler tooling) and at some
point around the time this one was built, the Canadian
228 six was superceded by the 250, which we down here
only got in pre-'54 Windsors and DeSotos... (Thanks as
always to Bill Watson for this information.)

> The May 11 auction will take place at the 'Tin
> Lizzie' Museum in Winnipeg Manitoba.
>
> See car at http://www.tinlizzie.net/auctionlist.htm

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA