[FWDLK] Steering gear sealed, finally

I finally got up the nerve to tackle the pitman arm shaft seal in the 58 Belvedere yesterday.  For the record,  National seal # 323126 is the correct fit for the chrysler constant control steering gearbox in the late 58 Belvedere.  I started at about 10:00 for a two hour job that took 8 hours.  While it wasn't a horrible job, it was bigger than I expected. I took the opportunity while the steering column was out to fix some dash wiring and lube the speedometer cable since they were accessible.  For the roll pin on the gearbox, I used a 3/16 drill bit ground flat on the tail end and drove it out easily, (or luckily as I said yesterday).  Had to do the job twice since I forgot to put the copper plate back in and the horn wouldn't work.

I can finally quit scrubbing the driveway every weekend now.

Jon
58 Belvedere 4dr SD