[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] Stainless Buffing

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Stainless Buffing

Hey James,
                    How have you been? As to stainless, I'm working on my own right now and have some tips. Whatever compounds you are using, toss them. Go to www.eastwoodcompany.com their buffing equipment works great! Also, are you using a motor that spins from 3300-3600 RPM? If not, get one in this range. Take a look at their compound charts and wheel selection. Their process produces good show quality results. I take it one step further and sand all of the scratches out with medium emery cloth the, 200, 320, 400, 600, 800, and 1000 grit paper. Then, I start the buffing process. Another tip, when switching from one compound to the next, wipe the piece off with acetone then when buffing, change your angle of buffing 90 degrees with each wheel and compound change. I usually start with the emery compound with a sisal wheel following the direction of the trim followed by stainless compound with the spiral wheel against the direction of the trim, finishing with white rouge and a ventilated flap buff in the direction of the trim. After that, I put some Nu-Finish car wax on them to preserve the finish. If I can find a shot of what I've done I'll send a pic. You need anymore help drop me a line. Talk to you later.
Take Care,
Frank