Re: [FWDLK] "Equal signs"

--- "mruse@xxxxxxxxxx" <mruse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, is there anyone else out there who has the
> digest mode and all they get are equal signs (=20=)
> after every word in a sentence?

This is a result of sending your post in some kind of
a fancy font instead of plaintext. Those who get posts
individually will get the full benefit of what you're
trying to do (in most cases), but digest programs
interpret non-plaintext fonts as a series of symbols
and send them back out that way.

There are some Outlook Express idiosyncracies related
to this that I don't completely understand since I use
Netscape. I do know some people don't realize they are
sending in a non-plaintext font, and then there's the
Outlook Express glitch where it answers whatever
non-standard font with response text in that font.
I've actually seen a few people on other lists get all
bent out of shape over someone using a non-standard
font, but their response was in the same non-standard
font as the original post! No doubt there are settings
to keep all of this from happening, but I'm not
faliliar with them all.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban