[FWDLK] power train question

Hello all:
I have found a 59 Plymouth with a 318 V8. The engine has forty thousand miles on it.
I want to install this engine and trans into my 58 Plymouth.
My question is my Plymouth has a 6 cylinder, I want to put the 59's V8 in her.
Would I need the rear axle for the swap from the 59? If so would it fit?
And even bigger question what should I take out of the 59 to have this swap go smoothly as the car is very far from my house.
Thanks in advance
Terry C
London Ontario Canada