Re: [FWDLK] 57 Plymouth hemi??

But then again, there are the true "factory" one-offs that suggest we not
right it off too quickly, such as the '55 NYer station wagon fitted with a
C-300 engine, or the pair of '58 NYer nine passenger wagons with convertible
X member frames, Imperial wheels,brakes,suspension, leather
upholstery,special order color and 300 drivetrains.
Or the two Road America 300C's 390hp with X member frame and
Imperial,brakes,suspension etc etc
So I reckon there's a few genuine special one(or two)-offs out there......
Just my 2c worth
Owen

> > Do any other of the Forward Look cars have these
> > outrageous stories of "factory" one-offs, and
> > mysterious "disappearing" weird cars supposedly
> > done at the factory, or is it just the '57 Fury???
> > I never hear about the supposed Elvis purple '58
> > Adventurer convert from the factory, or the
> > "factory" '55 C300 pink convert with 413 cross rams,
> > it's always the '57 Fury that these rumors seem to
> > target.  Maybe it's just me. . . .
>
> My theory is it's a wishful thinking kind of thing.
> The factory didn't do Hemi Plymouths until the 426
> era, and ou just know since the cars were new there's
> been someone looking longingly at his '57-'58 Plymouth
> and covetously at the 392 in the 300-C next to his...
> ...I guess it's such a "shoulda" in the eyes of some
> that they can convince themselves it was a "did"
> somehow, somewhere.
>
> As for other FWDLK cars, I'm always hearing rumors of
> Imperials with factory crossrams. Closest I've ever
> actually seen to this (in print, not in person) was a
> '61 New Yorker 4dr sedan with a dealer-installed
> 300G-spec 413 (or maybe the 413 in the car was brought
> up to 300G specs, I can't remember). Anyway, this was
> a moonshine car that looked completely stock from the
> outside; its owner wanted something that looked like a
> dotcor or banker's car, and that's what he came up
> with. (If I ever win the Lotto, I want that sucker!)
> This one was in one of the Mopar performance magazines
> within the last year, but I don't remember which one
> or when...
>
> =====
> Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
> '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
> '64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop

> http://health.yahoo.com

> Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
> Details for ordering may be found at:
> http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html