Re: [FWDLK] 57 Plymouth hemi??

--- "Mark J. Hash" <mjh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do any other of the Forward Look cars have these
> outrageous stories of "factory" one-offs, and
> mysterious "disappearing" weird cars supposedly
> done at the factory, or is it just the '57 Fury???
> I never hear about the supposed Elvis purple '58
> Adventurer convert from the factory, or the
> "factory" '55 C300 pink convert with 413 cross rams,
> it's always the '57 Fury that these rumors seem to
> target.  Maybe it's just me. . . .

My theory is it's a wishful thinking kind of thing.
The factory didn't do Hemi Plymouths until the 426
era, and ou just know since the cars were new there's
been someone looking longingly at his '57-'58 Plymouth
and covetously at the 392 in the 300-C next to his...
...I guess it's such a "shoulda" in the eyes of some
that they can convince themselves it was a "did"
somehow, somewhere.

As for other FWDLK cars, I'm always hearing rumors of
Imperials with factory crossrams. Closest I've ever
actually seen to this (in print, not in person) was a
'61 New Yorker 4dr sedan with a dealer-installed
300G-spec 413 (or maybe the 413 in the car was brought
up to 300G specs, I can't remember). Anyway, this was
a moonshine car that looked completely stock from the
outside; its owner wanted something that looked like a
dotcor or banker's car, and that's what he came up
with. (If I ever win the Lotto, I want that sucker!)
This one was in one of the Mopar performance magazines
within the last year, but I don't remember which one
or when...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban